Holiday Season is finally here, and I must say I am a little too excited! If you are anything like me, then this is your favorite time of year.. sweater weather, fall activities, Christmas movies and activities, spending time with friends and family.. how could you not love it? Every year I always say all the cute festive things I want to do and usually end up doing nothing at all.
This year I am determined to go all out for the Holidays, because it’s Ava’s first.. I mean isn’t that what moms do? I know she wont remember everything, but it’s really important for me that I start our own family traditions and make time for what’s really important.
I figured this would be a great blog post because hopefully it would encourage some of you to actually make time to do something this holiday season you’ve always wanted to do. Every year I can find some excuse not to do the things I plan. I often put everything I want to do on a back burner because of the all the responsibilities I have to take care of on a daily basis. I get so busy that anytime I actually have a break, I can usually talk myself out of doing anything for fun because of the actual hassle to do it . But if there is one thing I have learned from motherhood so far, it’s that we ALL need a break to do something fun, just to switch up from our normal routine. It’s literally the only way I stay sane. So in an effort to #LIVEmyBestLife.. I actually be following though with my holiday plans this year.
Holiday Bucket List -2017
- Cook a dish/ dessert for Thanksgiving Dinner ( I’m trying to become a better cook. lol)
- Take professional family photos
- Decorate a mini tree for Ava
- Skate the Sky at Ponce City Market (Ice-skating on the roof of PCM)
- Take lots of photos and videos of Ava over the Holidays
- Start a family holiday tradition of our own
- Take advantage of Black Friday sales
- Take Ava to see Christmas lights & get pictures with Santa
- Enjoy quality time with the family with no social media
- Go to a new brunch spot
- Find the perfect Holiday scent (Candle)
- Read a book & actually finish it
- Watch a Christmas classic with the family
- Plan a staycation
- Limit my time on social media
What’s on your Holiday Bucket List? Share below..
Here’s a link to some events in Atlanta this Holiday season!